The Assistant Maintenance Technician is responsible for executing maintenance request by diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the property according to operating and safety standards and to ensure the service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner.
• Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs on a daily basis
• Electrical and plumbing repair
• HVAC systems (proper certification may be required for some repairs)
• Appliances (when applicable)
• Title, Carpet, Wood flooring
• Interior/Exterior lights, ceiling fans
• Gas fixtures and appliances (when applicable)
• Doors, windows, shutters
• Fire protection equipment, emergency power systems
• Walls – drywall and plaster repair
• Finish carpentry, cabinetry repair, and hardware installation
• Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
• Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks
• Maintain accurate records regarding service requests received and completed
• Constantly be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the facility and immediate report unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to pools, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights)
• Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Supervisor prior to any expenditure of funds. Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
• Promote safe work practices among on-site staff
• Respond timely to all On-Call emergency requests. Weekend and after hours overtime required.
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must pass background check
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
• At least 1 year of experience in property management maintenance performing the duties associated with Assistant Maintenance Technician.
• Swimming pool experience preferred
• Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
• Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, snow and ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
• Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies
• Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
• Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
Ability to use:
Skill Saw, Table Saw, Hand Saw, Electric Drill, Drill Press, Electric Planer, Electric Router, Multi-tester, Nail Gun, Power Washer, Chop Saw, Electric Drain Cleaner, Paint Sprayer, Shop Vacuum, Electric Lathe, Grease Gun, Caulking Gun, Screw Gun, Jig Saw, Electric Impact Wrench, Belt Sander, Pad Sander, Miter Saw, Sheet Metal Sheers (elec.), Band Saw (portable & stationary)
Must have Clean and Professional appearance at all times
Commensurate with experience